Our Elk Statue
Our Elk statue was acquired in 1943 during the year Aldine Brinson was our ER. It was prominently displayed in front of our Lodge in the northwest corner of our property. A few years later, property on Interlocken Parkway was designated as Elks Park by the city in exchange for our responsibility for the upkeep. A marker was erected giving the Elks recognition, and our Elk statue was moved to the south end.
Some years later, Joker Merchant, the City Director of Recreation, notified us of concerns he had regarding children playing on it and the possibility of getting hurt. We then brought the Elk back home where he rightfully belonged, standing majestically in the front of our building, being quick and keen of perception in his duties
of standing guard over our Lodge.